This reporting system is not for making general complaints. If you would like to make a complaint please click for further advice https://www.buckingham.ac.uk/about/handbooks/regulations-handbook/
We believe that harassment is unacceptable in an inclusive and diverse community such as ours and is contrary to the University's Dignity at Work and Study Policy.

The Equality Act 2010 ( the Act ) makes harassment unlawful where this is related to the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation - Sexual harassment may also be unlawful under the Act, including where a person is treated less favourable because they have submitted or refused to submit to such behaviour in the past and where such previous harassing behaviour was of a sexual nature or related to gender reassignment or sex. 

Some forms of harassment may be considered as Hate Incidents. These may include any act of violence or hostility against a person or property that is motivated by hostility or prejudice towards a person due to a particular protected characteristic.

Bullying which may include a conduct that involves repeated behaviour intended to hurt someone either emotionally or physically is contrary to the University's Dignity at Work and Study Policy and may also be contrary to the Act.


  • Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured, you can contact the emergency services on 999 (or 112 from a mobile phone).
  • Find a safe space.  If an incident has just happened try and find somewhere you feel safe. 
  • What are bullying and harassment? It might be useful to think about what is meant by bullying and harassment and how these behaviours are described.  


  • Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University’s Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an adviser. If you choose to talk to an adviser they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence.
  • University Procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow.
Get Support 
  • Find out what support is available if you think you have been bullied or harassed.
Mental Health and Wellbeing

  • Find out more on the support available for mental health and wellbeing
  • Take care of yourself. It’s important that you take care of yourself. If you’ve heard something distressing or if something is troubling you, the University's Counselling Service offers confidential help and is open to students and staff will be offered help via HR and the EAP (Employee Assist Program) Spectrum Life.
  •  Call Security at Buckingham 07860834802 or at Crewe 01270 353131 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened